Monday, July 4, 2011

The Stars and Stripes

    We all have something to be thankful rather it seems like it or not. Hello people it is the 4th of July, if it were not for those who fight and have fought for our freedom who knows where our country would be! thinking about the past 4th of July's in my life....They have always been full of fun; parties, watermelon eating contest, flags, red white and blue, funny outfits that only go together because they have the colors of our county's flag in them, and spending time with friends and family. 
Beautiful America


I don't know too much about this picture... but I have always loved it! I love that the people in the background look so shocked that it seems like the soldier kissed her spontaneously. I love the innocents and timeless first kiss look of this photo! If I am correct I believe it was taken after World War II was over, and all over the country people were celebrating! Someday I would love to go to New York and take a replica picture like this with my future husband. Cheers for the Land of the brave and the free! 


      Although I have to work at CB cupcakes as usual, its okay because the men and women fight for our freedom every day, and for today are being honored as well as our freedom!This is such a great country, it is simply the best around. Thank you Lord for letting me be born in this wonderful place. Oh America how I love you <3 


-Happy Fourth of July 
~Sincerely Sophie 

No comments:

Post a Comment