Friday, May 13, 2011

Growing Wild

      Hello everyone, or anyone who actually reads this! So here is how the past week has gone for me. Most of the time I have been doing nothing, just applying for summer jobs, going to interviews, sitting on the couch, walking my dog Dalanie, and going on jogs. Speaking of taking my dog on walks, I found this little wild strawberrie patch in our neighborhood and now its my new favorite spot! hehe....As you can see most of my summer so far has been spent with myself, no its not what summer typically looks like, but I'm okay with that. 






       I had been waiting for yesterday for a while, because Thursdays are the day when the college group at my Church meets >> its called the Jordan. The message was on Jesus of course, to narrow it more it was on Luke 2: 41-52 . This was part of the "4G" series of messages, this week was "G for Growing". We all hate to become old and do everything to stop it. But in fact with becoming old comes wisdom. When his parents found him and asked him to come with them, he could have told them he was busy and would catch up with them later, but he was obedient and went. Because Obedience is a characteristic needed for growth in anything. especially in Faith, I realized last night that I need to be obedient in order for my faith to thrive and to grow. If I am not obedient to people here on earth, then how could I be obedient to God. I want to live for him serving my King, and doing everything he tells me to, but in order to obey I have to start by listening! >> also Proverbs 13:20 goes with this passage.


        After Chruch a group of us went to the Yellow Deli and had just hungout. It was good to see everyone, I had missed some of those girls. (and I got to meet some of there new guy friends!) Oh and some good news Nicole, and Maria decided that we need to revive our group blog "Lace of Our Lives" this summer! So look out for those new posts! and Links! to that blog! Mmmmm, what else? Oh I know yesterday I made four really cute cup cakes, and I have cute pictures of them so I will wait to tell you all about that! Tomorrow I am babysitting a little boy Finn. And after I have Lorelai 3rd birthday party, which I am actually quite excited for! 
Nicole and I at the Yellow Deli ( actually this picture is old, but dont tell!shhhh.)


So you all have a few little things in my life to look forward to... oh and plus i think it is about time for some more outfit posts for those are on the way aswell! 


Sincerely Sophie




2 comments:

  1. You can post our outfits from Lorelai's Fairy birthday party ;) I'm excited to hear that we are going to finally do the Lace of Our Lives blog! Can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahha oh yeah! ;) ha that would be a simply inspiring outfit ha! i know me too!

    ReplyDelete